Prompt: Think about an argument or disagreement that you wish you could have handled differently. What happened, what was your goal, and what would you do differently now? Use at least one idea from Chapters 1–3 of Thank You for Arguing in your response.

 When I had an argument with my mom about screen time. I got super angry and started yelling at her instantly. I should have been a lot more calm and used more patience with her. I should have used the cop scenario from the book in class today. This scenario was saying to let the cop win points and let him talk you out of the ticket. How this would have applied to me is letting my mom talk herself out of my screen time rule.

Summary: Today in class we took notes and learned how to argue more successfully.

Reflection: In the future I will use these new tips and tricks to argue more professionally and maturely. It also can increase your chance of your side winning the argument.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 goals you want to achieve this year

Prompt: How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?

Prompt: Describe something you will never fully understand.