Prompt: Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?
A time that I was trying to persuade someone and change their mind was one of my friends and we were debating who the best basketball player of all time was. I used logos to persuade him that Lebron James is the goat. I used career points and playoff wins, as well as total games played. My friend took this information and he now believes Lebron is the goat as well. In the moment I was not thinking about which rhetorical appeals would be the best, but looking back, logos was the only one that applied in this scenario.
Summary: We had to present our name origins and do a rhetorical appeals worksheet.
Reflection: While working on the worksheet, I really was starting to learn how to use the correct rhetorical appeals in each scenario. As well as further more understanding my fellow classmates name origins.
Comments
Post a Comment