Prompt: Some students look at a rubric only after receiving their grade, while others use it as a guide while completing the assignment. Which approach do you usually take? After reviewing the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric today, explain how you could use the rubric as a roadmap to improve your argument writing.

I use a rubric, as a road map to craft my writings around a rubric. This makes it easier to make sure I get full points for my writings. It makes me feel confident in knowing I have done what the teacher or test giver is asking for. If it requires a direct quote, I could fully make sure that I do provide a quote. This is how I use a rubric as a roadmap. 


 Summary: We developed claims for an argumentative essay with the prompt of overated. 

Reflection: It made it fun to make claims about something I enjoyed and was passionate about. It made it easier to visualize what I needed to have my claims look like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 goals you want to achieve this year

Prompt: Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Which learning method do you enjoy the most? Class discussions, worksheet work, or hands-on activities. Select one and tell why.